The personal relationships he develops with his clients the greatest reward after spending an extended period of time working on a case together. There is no better feeling than receiving a phone call from a former client months after a case resolution for no other reason than to check-in and say hello.
In 2018 and 2019 Geoff Moore was selected for inclusion on the Super Lawyers® Rising Stars℠list, an honor limited to 2.5% of the lawyers in the state of Florida. Additionally, in 2019 Geoff Moore was selected to the National Trial Lawyers Top 40 under 40, an invitation only organization extended exclusively to trial lawyers practicing civil plaintiff litigation or criminal defense litigation.
He recently tried two cases to verdict in the state of Florida on behalf of the Maher Law Firm's clients. The most recent trial was in Sarasota County involving an auto injury case where the jury awarded $3,455,363.01, and the trial before that involved a partial fingertip amputation in Orange County where the jury awarded $200,000.00. In 2017 he was a member of a trial team that received a $1,100,000.00 verdict in a nursing home negligence case.
Initially from Chicago, he is a lifelong Bulls fan and enjoys hitting the courts for a pick-up game at the local YMCA in his spare time. Additionally he loves running and will be running in his second marathon in 2019. He and his wife, Ashley, enjoy traveling, and welcomed their first child, Charlie, in February of 2019.
If you are in need of skilled legal representation, he can help you better understand your rights and options. He would be happy to review the specific details of your legal matter during an initial free consultation.
- University of Florida, J.D.
- Book Award in Trial Practice
- Member of the Dean's List
- University of Florida, B.S. Psychology, with Honors
Recent Representative Verdicts and Settlements
- $3,455,363.01 VERDICT – lead counsel in Clark v. United Services Automobile Association, Case No. 2017-CA-883-NC – uninsured motorist trial involving a two level cervical arthroplasty after a cervical disc herniation;
- $1,100,000.00 VERDICT – member of the trial team in Eston Green v. Medical Facilities of America, Case No. 13-586 involving the nursing home neglect and wrongful death of an elderly resident;
- $750,000.00 settlement – against the manufacturers of a faulty transvaginal mesh;
- $500,000.00 policy limit settlement – auto injury case involving the death of a single mother;
- $375,000.00 settlement – involving the neglect of an elderly nursing home resident;
- $300,000.00 settlement – against the manufacturers of a faulty transvaginal mesh;
- $250,000.00 policy limits settlement – medical malpractice action involving the delayed diagnosis of prostate cancer;
- $200,000.00 VERDICT – lead counsel in Martin v. AvenuePubOrlando, LLC, Case No: 2016-CA-010259-O involving a partial fingertip amputation at a restaurant;
- $200,000.00 settlement – nursing home negligence resulting in wrongful death;
- $190,000.00 settlement – dog bite injury case;
- $180,000.00 settlement – Broken wrist following a failure to repair a sidewalk;
- $175,000.00 settlement – Auto injury case involving a detached retina;
- $150,000.00 settlement – Auto vs. bicycle collision involving a punctured lung;
- $200,000.00 combined policy limits settlement – auto injury case involving complex regional pain syndrome;
- $140,000.00 confidential settlement – nursing home neglect;
- $125,000.00 confidential settlement – nursing home neglect.
Multidistrict Litigation Experience
- In Re: Zoloft (MDL No. 2342) –Served as member of the Discovery Subcommittee responsible for reviewing millions of pages of documents produced by Pfizer, Inc.
- In Re: American Medical Systems (MDL No. 2325)
- In Re: Ethicon (MDL No. 2327)
- In Re: Coloplast (MDL No. 2387)
- In Re: C.R. Bard (MDL No. 2187)
- In Re: Boston Scientific (MDL No. 2326)
- In Re: Mirena (MDL No. 2434)
- In Re: Xarelto (MDL No. 2592)