Dedicated Orlando Negligent Security Lawyers
Property owners in Orlando and across Florida are required to take reasonable
security measures and ensure visitors are safe from crimes, including
thefts, and assaults. If you or someone close to you has been harmed in
a crime that occurred on someone else's property due to lax security
measures, then you may be able to file
a personal injury legal claim that compensates you for any losses you have suffered. Since 1969, The
Maher Law Firm has helped those harmed by the negligence of others. Our
work has earned a national reputation for our firm and inclusion among
the Best Lawyers "Best Law Firms" by U.S. News.
A negligent security lawsuit could proceed in Florida if you can demonstrate that:
- A dangerous condition existed on a property
- The owner knew or should have known of the dangerous condition
- The owner failed to take reasonable steps to eliminate or reduce the dangerous condition
- The failure to eliminate or reduce the dangerous condition was the proximate
(most closely related) cause of your injuries and losses
free review of your case
and to understand your rights and options.
Security Lapses Can Lead to Assault and Other Crimes in Florida
Crimes that can occur due to negligent security include property crimes
(robbery, car theft), violent crimes (assault, murder) or sexual offenses.
These crimes can occur when property owners (or landlords) fail to provide
reasonable security at apartment complexes, stores, shopping centers,
entertainment venues, office parks, and other public places. An Orlando
premises liability attorney can thoroughly investigate what occurred in
your case and look into whether your situation is one of a string of incidents
that have taken place on the premises.
Dangerous conditions that could lead to such crimes include:
- Hotel / motel doors or windows that do not lock
- Dark or secluded stairways at an apartment complex
- A dark parking garage not monitored by security cameras or guards
- An ATM kiosk where lights have burned out
- The lack of a receptionist or check-in procedures at a school, workplace
or nursing home
- Security guards who neglect scheduled patrols
- Workers hired without conducting criminal background checks
The Maher Law Firm: Helping Victims of Negligent Security
If you have been the victim of a crime related to negligent security, you
should report it to police as soon as possible. You may be able to sue
the negligent property owner or a contracted security firm and recover
compensation for your medical bills, lost income, pain and suffering and
more. The Maher Law Firm can investigate a crime committed against you
to determine whether a property owner's negligence is behind the harm
you have suffered. It is important to act fast in order to preserve evidence
that could be crucial to your claim.
Get in touch with our reputable law firm without delay.