Anesthesia is a vital element in modern medicine, preventing patients from
feeling any pain during medical procedures. Unfortunately, errors are
often made while administering anesthesia, resulting in severe, even fatal
consequences. If an anesthesiologist failed to provide the professional
level of care that was expected, resulting in harm to you or a loved one,
you could hold the anesthesiologist and the hospital that employs him
or her liable for the consequences.
Some of the most common anesthesia errors are caused by medical malpractice,
for which you can file a claim. Below is a list of some of the most common
anesthesia errors that harm patients:
- Too much anesthesia is administered
- Too little anesthesia is administered, resulting in anesthesia awareness
- There was a delay in administering anesthesia
- The anesthesiologist failed to recognize or prevent adverse drug reactions
caused by certain medications and anesthesia
- The wrong type of anesthesia was administered
- The anesthesiologist failed to determine if a patient is allergic to anesthesia
or accidentally administered a type of anesthesia the patient is allergic to
- The anesthesiologist did not provide proper instructions to the patient
prior to administering it
- The anesthesiologist failed to properly monitor the patient during the
- Defective equipment or medical devices were used during anesthesia
The Consequences of Anesthesia Errors
Anesthesia errors can cause a vast range of injuries and conditions, such
as brain damage, damage to the heart, or other organs. A patient might
also experience other complications as a result of an anesthesia error,
such as an inadequate supply of oxygen, which could cause brain death
if the patient is deprived of oxygen for too long. In cases where anesthesia
is used during labor or delivery, the baby could sustain a birth injury
known as cerebral palsy.
Less severe problems caused by anesthesia errors include ringing in the
ears, confusion, blurred vision, abnormal pulse, and cardiovascular collapse.
The type and severity of the injury a patient suffers depend on the type
of mistake that was made.
Orlando Anesthesia Error Attorneys
Anesthesia errors can lead to a vast range of complications and injuries
and are almost always caused by the negligence of a medical professional.
If you suffered an injury as a result of an anesthesia error, you need
to seek the skilled legal guidance of a medical malpractice attorney.
At The Maher Law Firm, our
medical malpractice attorneys in Orlando are dedicated to providing exceptional representation
to ensure you are able to recover the compensation you deserve and need
during this difficult time.
Get started on your case today and
contact us at (855) 338-0720 to request your free initial case evaluation with one
of our knowledgeable and compassionate medical malpractice attorneys.