Prozac (Fluoxetine) is a drug known as an SSRI.
SSRI’s (Selective Serotonin Re-uptake Inhibitors) such as Prozac
are used in the treatment of depression, panic, anxiety, or obsessive-compulsive
symptoms. Prozac works to increase the amount of serotonin in the brain,
a natural substance that helps maintain mental balance.
Other disorders Prozac is used to treat include:
- Major Depressive Disorder
- Bulimia Nervosa
- Obsessive-Compulsive Disorder
- Panic Disorder
- Premenstrual Dysphoric Disorder
Prozac (Fluoxetine) may cause serious adverse effects, including but not
- Joint Pain
- Swelling of the face, throat, tongue, lips, eyes, hands, feet, ankles,
or lower legs
- Difficulty breathing or swallowing
- Fever, sweating, confusion, fast or irregular heartbeat, and severe muscle stiffness
- Seeing things or hearing voices that do not exist
If you believe that you or a loved one has suffered injury or death due
to a defective or dangerous pharmaceutical, you may have a right to compensation
for your injuries. The Maher Law Firm would like to help. We invite you to
contact our trial-tested dangerous drug attorneys today.